Dr. Donohue has performed hundreds of forensic psychiatric evaluations and testified in many jurisdictions. His recent work has included outpatient treatment of a variety of psychiatric patients, as well as performing court-ordered forensic psychiatric evaluations for courts in Maryland and Delaware.
Dr Donohue has particular expertise in assessment of individuals’ ability to refrain from illegal conduct and addressing complex diagnostic questions. He has expertise in evaluating questions of diagnosis in cases involving combinations of medical, psychiatric, neuropsychiatric and personality disorders.
Dr. Donohue provides psychiatric consultation, record review and expert testimony. He places emphasis upon making his assessments accurate, objective, timely, thorough and succinct.
Some examples of evaluations relevant to Dr Donohue’s practice include:
- Pre-sentence Examinations
- Criminal competency issues
- Criminal responsibility
- Treatment recommendations
- Post Conviction evaluations
- Assessment of Mitigating or Aggravating factors
- Brain Damage and Crime
- Testamentary capacity
- Parental Fitness
- Mental and Emotional Disability
- Psychiatric standard of care
- Harassment claims
- Guardianship and competency
- Independent Medical Examinations
- Harassment and Discrimination
- Workplace dangerousness
- Psychiatric disability
- Fitness for duty evaluations